Vegan Spice Ginger Cookies
4, 1 inch pieces of fresh ginger, grated
6 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp dark molasses
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1.5 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1.5 cups spelt flour
2 tbsp sucanat
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
Pinch ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
6 pieces crystallized ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place maple syrup, molasses, oil, juice, zest and ginger in a blender and blend well. Sift flour, sucanat, baking soda, cinnamon, white pepper, cloves and salt in a bowl.
3. Pour ginger mixture into dry ingredients and mix until smooth (you may have to add a little water here!).
4. Use a spoon and scoop 2 tbsp of batter for each cookie and top with crystallized ginger and flatten gently.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until light brown around the edges. Enjoy!