Delicious Detox, page 69
2 cups quinoa flour
2 cups flaked or rolled quinoa
1 cup roasted sesame seeds
½ cup, heaping, sunflower or pumpkin seeds
½ cup, heaping, grated almonds or hazelnuts
¼ cup flaxseeds
2 teaspoons sea salt
6 tablespoons sunflower oil
11/2 cups cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 475ºF (240 ºC).
2. Combine the quinoa flour, flaked quinoa, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, flaxseeds, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the oil and water and mix to make a thick dough. Divide the dough in half.
4. Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out each half of the dough onto separate baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Cut the dough into 4-inch (10cm) squared, without cutting all the way through.
6. Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to 350 ºF (180 ºC) while the dough is still in the oven and bake for another 2 to 25 minutes, until the crispbread is lightly browned around the edges.
8. Remove the crispbread immediately from the baking sheet and cool completely on the wire rack before storing.