Paleo Chicken Pad Thai
The Paleo Mom
1½ lb chicken meat, cut into small 1” chunks
4-5 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (more if you use breast meat,
less if you use thigh meat)
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (or use 1 more Tbsp fish sauce)
4 Tbsp fresh lime juice (or use a good quality bottled Lime Juice)
½ Tbsp Coconut Vinegar (Apple Cider Vinegar would work too)
5 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
4-5 green onions, finely chopped
1 12oz package of broccoli slaw
2 medium carrots, cut into thin julienne strips
1. Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic, cook about 1 minute.
2. Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
3. Add fish sauce, coconut aminos, lime juice and vinegar. Cook at a rapid simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
4. Add broccoli slaw and julienned carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft but still firm, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Toss or garnish with green onion and cilantro. Enjoy!