Massaged Kale Salad
1 bunch of kale, stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
2 teaspoons (10mL) honey
Freshly ground black pepper
1 mango, diced small (about 1 cup)
Small handful toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), about 2 rounded tbsp
1. In a large serving bowl, add the kale, half the lemon juice, a drizzle of oil and a little kosher salt.
2. Massage until kale starts to soften and wilt, 2-3 minutes. Set aside while you make the dressing.
3. In a small bowl whisk remaining lemon juice with the honey and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
4. Stream in the ¼ cup of oil while whisking until a dressing forms, and you like how it tastes.
5. Pour the dressing over the kale, add the mango and pepitas.
6. Toss and serve!