Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
adapted from Gluten-free Goddess
1 pound gluten-free brown rice penne pasta
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 pound fresh asparagus spears, ends trimmed
1 cup grape tomatoes
4 green onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
1 medium yellow tomato
For the dressing:
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice or rice vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon dried dill
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne until it is firm to the bite- al dente.
2. Drain, rinse in cool water, and drain well. Drizzle with a touch of extra virgin olive oil and toss gently to coat. Place in a large salad bowl.
3. In the meantime, heat the grill or grill pan tomedium heat.
4. Grill the zucchini, asparagus spears, grape tomatoes and scallions until tender but still firm. Remove to a plate and set aside.
5. Make your dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic and dill. Set aside.