Fall Vegetable Quinoa Soup
This healthy fall soup is perfect for a chilly day and it freezes well too!
2 tbsp olive oil 3 bay leaves
1 yellow onion, diced 4 cans reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1 carrot, chopped 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced 1 cup quinoa
3 cloves garlic, minced 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 cups chopped butternut squash 2 cups chopped kale, ribs and stems removed
2 cans diced tomatoes 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary Salt and black pepper, to taste
1.Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
2. Add onion, carrot, and celery and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, sweet potato, butternut squash, and bay leaves. Cook until vegetable
are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, and chickpeas.
5. Stir in the quinoa and season with fresh rosemary and thyme. Cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft.
6. Stir in the kale and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
8. Serve warm.