Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 whole garlic cloves, minced
1 lemon, juiced
2 tsp dried parsley
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into pieces
1 fresh pineapple
16 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, and
lemon juice and parsley.
2. Whisk in the olive oil and add the chicken thigh pieces.
3. Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan. Peel the pineapple and cut it into
1 1/2-inch chunks.
4. Alternating between the chicken and pineapple, thread the pieces onto
the skewers. Season them with salt and pepper.
5. Put about half the sauce into a small bowl for later. Brush skewers with
some of the sauce. 6. Cook them on the grill, basting regularly with the
sauce, until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Can eat hot or cold
the next day in the lunchbox!