Cauliflower Matar Pulao
3-4 large florets of cauliflower 4-5 Slices of white onion
1 tbsp of coconut oil 1 clove of garlic
¼ tsp cumin handful of fresh cilantro chopped
¼ tsp turmeric salt and pepper to taste
¼ tsp ginger
½ cup frozen peas
1. Grate your cauliflower, slice your onion, chop your garlic and get your coconut
oil melting in your pan. You want your pan set to medium heat so the cauliflower
gets a nice colour on it and doesn’t become all mushy.
2. Once your pan is hot, toss in your onion and garlic and get that cooking. You’ll
want to seat down your onion just a bit before you toss your cauliflower into the
3. Now you can throw in your cauliflower and let it start cooking for a few
minutes before adding in all your spices. Total time for the cauliflower to cook is
only about 10-12 minutes so if you’re planning a protein along this tasty side like
chicken just be sure not to start it too early.
4. Once your cauliflower has been cooking for a few minutes add in your cumin,
turmeric and ginger and continue to cook on medium heat. The colour of these
spices will turn your cauliflower an awesome burnt yellow colour and once your
chuck in the peas (toss these in at about the half way mark) not only is the dish tasty to eat but beautiful to look at.
5. Once everything is looking just about done season with a little salt and pepper and sprinkle with a handful of freshly chopped cilantro, you could also add in some hot sauce if you like a little spice in your life.